So another year is gone. 2012 is joining in the page a history. It came with a buzz of dooms day. Mostly people will remember 2012 as a possible year of doomsday. Apart from that 2012 was a historic year for the world. US election, Financial crisis of Greece, London Olympics, Crisis in Gaza and many other important events. For my country, Bangladesh, 2012 memorable too. Many major events took place during the year but unfortunately very few of them are good for the country. But today I’m not writing anything about my country or about the world. Today I will write about my self and was 2012 for me. As an accountant, we have to prepare financial statements at the end of an accounting period. Tonight I set down for the year-end calculation of life.
2012 was a year of expectation, achievement and failure to me. I had so many expectations and targets for 2012. I was able to meet some of them and failed to do others. Through out the year, I experienced many things for the first time. Some of them are memorable for life time and others are ok. But now let me begin the year-end calculation of my life.
1) I was in a turning point of my life when 2012 started. I just finished my internship and was waiting for the grade. I was in so confused about what to do next. I had so many options in my hand. I needed to think very carefully and choose a path. People around me gave different types of advises. I analyzed them very carefully but still had many good alternatives. I was expecting to overcome this situation and choose the right path.
2) When I entered in undergrad program, my target was to achieve CGPA at least 3.50 out of 4.00. When I was waiting for intern grade, I calculated and found that my CGPA will be stuck at 3.49. I was expecting to get an “A” so that it could push my CGPA to 3.50
3) My friend circle always try to organize an annual trip. I was expecting to have another tour in 2012. I never been to Cox’s Bazar and saint martin’s island before 2012. Though these are very common place for tour, I never had the chance to go there. I was hopping to go this time around. Although I had another reason to go there and that was to meet with my girlfriend.
4) I got admitted in ICMAB on December 2011. I was so serious with it. I started to study hard and prepare for the exams. I was expecting to appear in April 2012 exam.
5) When I finished my internship, I was offered a job at that organization. I refused their offer with a plan to study CA. To be a CA was my childhood dream. During November & December of 2011, I applied in different CA firm to join in. However, I did not get any response. I was Expecting that I could start my CA study by 2012.
6) I was expecting to get enrolled in ICAB as quickly as possible so that I can attend in June 2013 exam (it takes almost 18 months).
7) I was expecting to finish reading all the books of CA 1st level (Knowledge level of professional stage) and then start reading 2nd level books.
these were the expectations I started 2012 with. My plan was to fulfill all those expectations by 2012. Now lets come to the my achievements in 2012.
During 2012 I had following achievements.
1) During 2012 I completed my graduation from North South University. I scored my expected CGPA. Though I achieved it not the way I planned. But still I scored CGPA 3.5 out of 4.00. It took me 13 semesters to complete my BBA. Though I planned to finish it by 11 semester. I could actually finish it by 11 semester. But later I changed my plan. Anyway, that’s another story.
2) We had the tour I mentioned in expectation part. Me and my friends went for a week-long tour. Our route was Dhaka–Chittagong-Bandorban-Cox’s Bazar-Saint Martin’s island-Cherea dip-Cox’s bazar-Chittagong-Dhaka. It was a wonderful journey. We had so much fun. And yes, I meet with my girl friend. I won’t never forget that day.
3) I overcame with my confusion and determined to pursue my childhood dream; to be a CA.
4) On April 2012, I joined in A. Qasem & Co. Chartereed Accountants. It is one of the renowned CA firm and the first CA firm in Bangladesh. I got ICAB registration on June and will appear in May-June 2013 exam.
5) I passed one of two subject exam I appeared in ICMAB. Now I’m done with 500 marks of 2100 marks to get ACMA degree.
6) I start auditing. By the end of 2012, I have audited 7 organizations. I went out of Dhaka couple of times for auditing purpose.
7) I finished reading more than half of the books of CA level 1.
I also had few small achievements during 2012. Now let me jump to the failure section.
Though I achieved many things, I had few failure during 2012. Fortunately the numbers of failure is not that high.
1) I was not able to push my CGPA with intern grade. I had to get back to university for another course. I took taxation course to replace the working capital management course. This increased my CGPA to 3.50. Although my number of credit hours increased.
2) I got several promising and lucrative job offer but I refused them all. Even though I had the opportunity, I did not accept any job offer. Though I am not considering this one as my failure. Instead I should treat it as my strength to stay determined.
3) I failed to finish reading all the books of CA level 1. Still continuing my reading process.
4) I appeared in August 2012 exam of ICMAB. I attended two exams. I passed in one and failed in another. The subject I failed in was Intermediate financial accounting, the subject I like and the subject I thought I was good at.
During the year I lost my eldest aunt (paternal side). She used to love me so much. I too cared for her. I pray to Allah to bless her soul and put her to Jannah. Another loss of the year is my friends. I lost communication with most of my friends. After joining in a CA firm, I restrained myself from friends so that I can focus on my ICAB & ICMAB studies. Also I became too busy with auditing. I sincerely hope that my friends don’t forget me. I will get back to them as soon as I finish my articular period or I become a chartered accountant. Till then, I hope they all will be well.
During our audit, we do lots of performance analysis. I think I should do a bit of analysis on my performance, expectations, achievements and failure. Despite of failures, the whole year was great for me. I am still following the path I have chosen. I’m still perusing the strategies I prepared for my life. 2012 was ultimately a great year for me. after 2003-5, I got another great year. It is the year when I took the control of the path of my life. I stayed still in the turning points of my life.
2012 was good for me. I hope 2013 will be good too. I hope 2013 will be good for us, our country and for the world. I pray to Allah for our bright future.
Now we are in new year’s eve. Only few moments left before we enter in 2013. I’m hopping you all are prepared to accept 2013 and let go 2012. Thanks for reading the blog and I’m wishing you Happy new year!!!