I heard dying people sees flashback of his life before dying. I don’t know whether its true or not. I suppose no one left to share that experience with me. I don’t know when I will die and whether I would have flashback of my own. But If I do, I want my flashback to be a happy one. I want to die with the satisfaction “Life well spent”! For now lets stick to the point. We are at the edge of another year. Just couple of hours left before new year 2016 starts. Each year I try to write a review of my life for the year. I would like to do the same for this year too. I know there are few regular readers of my gibberish, random and pointless thought. I want to flashback with them to my life in 2015.
If my previous flashback (Click here to read), I mentioned that odd years favors me the most. When 2015 started, I was very much hopeful. It didn’t disappoint me at all. Rather it favored me more than I imagined. Alhamdulillah! 2015 was a blast for me despite there were some incidents at the end. 2015 was a year of success for me.
I can recall that 2015, I was very much tensed at the start of 2015. I just appeared on Application level exam for second time with aim to pass remaining 4 subjects. I badly needed to pass those 4 subjects. There were lots of variables hanging over my head. in the mean time, I attended a apps development session with Microsoft (read here). It was an exceptional experience. It helped me to get rid of my stress for few days.
Life always have some surprise for you. Just when everything started to look bad, good news started to come out (read original blog). I traveled to Khulna as part of my last audit tour. It was first audit tour being a senior and my first air travel. The tour was just before the exam result. Alhamdulillah! I managed to pass all remaining 4 subjects when results were published in March 2015. I got admitted for CA advance stage in march and attended march-may 2015 session of coaching class. At that time my CMA result were published. I passed “Intermediate Financial Accounting” which i was struggling to overcome. I got admitted for the level 3 in CMA at time when I was undergoing my CA advance class. I started to realize that my dreams were started to take shapes.
When I started my CA articleship, I planned to complete at least two level of CA within the articleship period. When I passed second level within the articlship period, I felt like I achieved my aim. Ultimately it kept me away from achieving the ultimate dream to be a CA. So I made a new aim. To pass CA without giving any annual fee for maintaining Articleship. This ultimately meant passing 4 subjects of Advance stage within the first attempt and my last attempt in articleship period. I also availed my last one month exam leave.
I completed my CA articleship on 12th June of 2015. It was already 3 years. I was so waiting for this day. But when it did, I kinda felt bad. “When I started it, was like a hell. but as days went by, I started loving it. I met many wonderful people, I went many places, I had stress, I was insulted, I had frustration but then again I had exciting experiences. Looking back to these three years, I had great luck. I had many moments that are rare even among the CA students” [FB status]. Just few days after completion of articleship, I attended CA May-June 2015 exam.
After exam, I joined AQC as an Assistant Manager in assurance department. Although I was automatically promoted from the very next day of articleship, I started working only after I returned from exam. I worked as Assistant Manager until 20th August when CA result was published. To my surprise, I managed to pass all subjects of CA advance stage within the first attempt and I have became an Associate Chartered Accountant. It was a bit shock to me. I was not expecting that much. But Alhamdulliah! almighty favored me. After becoming an ACA, I was promoted as Manager – Assurance at AQC.
Things become different for me when I became a ACA. A got my own room at office, got new responsibilities and new clients. People started taking me differently and somehow I felt tone in their voice has changed a little. I was enjoying the changes around me. I knew it was my time. I worked had for last 3 years to achieve these. But to be honest, I don’t like to be treated differently. I am same old me. A degree doesn’t change me. I know who I am. I know my strengths, my weaknesses and I know I have not become someone special to be treated differently.
Things got little busy after becoming manager. Work pressure started to increase but I stated to get used to with these. Thanks to Arif vai [Md. Ariful Hoque, Director, AQC], Shabab vai [Shabab M. Zaman, Manager, AQC, and Hamid sir [Partner, AQC]. There were very kind and helpful to me. I took charge of my first audit client as manager. By the end of client, a member of Vuries & Co. left AQC. It was Saad. He joined Index group. Saad and I started our articleship together. We were very competitive to each other but we are very good friends. We two had good understanding of each other. Together we developed lots of audit templates and different audit strategy for our audit and advisory clients. I was also happy for him. He got a job he wanted and best suits him.
Nothing important happened from then other than few random events. I appeared on CIMA strategic case exam, I attended first CPD seminar of ICAB, I voted in ICAB election 2015. This was upto the end of November. December started with a twist. I lost one of my dearest person. Soon some of my friends, colleagues and relatives lost some of their own. By end of December I heard total of 7 death news. Another bad thing that happened to on December that I developed Bell’s palsy. I will write about it in different blog sometimes. yet after all these, 2015 being a odd year and favorable year, kept it charm. I took my first tour outside the country in December. I went to India for official purpose at the beginning of December. And finally I heard that there will be raise soon enough.
Now if I point out to my month-wise Highlight for 2015, I am sure it would be like this. Took some help of my FB account to make this highlights.
- Last audit client with Md. Jillur Rahman Zico vai.
- Participated in apps development training under Microsoft Bangladesh.
- Audit Tour to Khulna. Last audit tour as an audit assistant and first air travel.
- Qualified Professional Stage (Application Level) from ICAB
- Started coaching class for CA advance stage.
- Passed level 1 at CMA.
- Tested the test of EY! attended Ernst & Young Town hall Program at The Westin, Dhaka.
- Visited my native village with members of Vuries & Co. [Saad, Wahid, Manik & me]
- End of Spring semester of MBA.
- Nothing significant! hanging out with Vuries & Co. watching movies and Game of Throne, exam preparation and one month exam leave.
- Completed CA articleship from A. Qasem & Co.
- Joined A. Qasem & Co. as Assistant Manager.
- Attended May-June 2015 CA exam.
- Stopped paying Marvel : Avenger Alliance; Enough with avenging the world.
- Started playing Clash of Clan. Need some resources you know! 🙂
- attended hectic classes in MBA.
- Tried to match with new position.
- Became Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA).
- Promoted as Manager-Assurance at A. Qasem & Co. (Rank-Senior in Ernst & Young).
- End of Summer Semester of MBA.
- Celebrated Eid-ul-Azha with family at Native Village.
- Start of Fall semester of MBA. Last one before final semester.
- Got admitted to CIMA and enrolled for Strategic Case study exam.
- Visited native village once again with [Murad, Imran, Yamin & Ricky].
- Started last audit client with Saad Mahmud.
- Participated in ICAB election 2015.
- Saad left A. Qasem & C0. and joined Index group.
- Attended CIMA Strategic Level case study exam.
- Loss of nearest and dearest persons of me, my colleagues, friends and family members.
- Stepping out to India. First foreign tour and second air flight.
- Stress of assignments, exams, term papers and finally end of Fall semester of MBA.
- Developed Bell’s Palsy.
- Got a raise!
Now just one more things to write about. Review of 2015 resolution and comparing achievement. In 2015, there were only 2 aim to achieve. 1) To live happily with my closest one. 2) to be a better man than I was in earlier years. I don’t know how much of it I achieved. I am alive and same old me. Just with one new degree and new role to play. I am happy as long as I am alive. And others know whether or not I have been better than earlier self.
Alhamdulillah! It was an exciting year for me! wasn’t it?? In Sha Allah! I upcoming years will be exciting too. Though i don’t expect much from 2016 being a even year. Now before I finish, let me share something about my blog. 2015 was a very good year for my blog too. I write 8 blogs around the year and in contrast it attracted 17,000 view this year. In 2014, it was only 4,000 views. I just loved it.