To some people, making new year resolution might seem childish and to some extent useless. But to me, the new year resolution is a some objective that I need to attain in a year. Why I make and follow the new year resolution? Glad you asked (or not!). I know I am going to die at some point. Before I die, I want to do something with the time I have been allotted by the almighty Allah! I want to use this time well and design my life. I have set several visions or long-term objectives which I plan to reach by the end of my life. These new year resolutions are pieces of those visions in a form of short term goal. I write about these resolutions because I want it to keep it documented.
Ideally, I make my new year resolution on the first day of the English new year. But this time I was so much busy with my works, I couldn’t make it on the first day. I thought I will do it by next couple of days but I totally forgot about it until today. So here goes:
Part 1: Continuous resolution
- Complete all degree requirements of ICMAB by June 2019 Exam.
- Complete reading all unread books from 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- Try to be a practicing Muslim and recite Holy Quran regularly.
- Join in a gym and reduce weight by 10 KG.
- Spend more time in professional network development.
- Publish at least 2 articles to any professional newsletter or journals.
Part 2: New Resolutions
- Make some new investments.
- Reduce work pressure by designing work plan round the year.
- Pay off most of the liabilities.
- Learn something new.
- Visit some place new. Travel at least 3 districts within Bangladesh and 1 foreign country.
- Write at least one blog every week.
- Spend more time with family & relatives.
- Become member of CIMA, ICAEW & ICMAB.